She’s Doom, and in 24 hours, she’s going to die. She’s on a mission to locate the universe’s most famous Time Lord, and this cross-media adventure follows her search. But what is the Doctor Who Doom’s Day timeline?
Doom, in case you didn’t know, is the universe’s greatest assassin, and the premise of this multimedia story is that she needs to find the right kind of Doctor within 24 hours, leading to an inevitable journey through time and space. It’s similar to 2020’s Time Lord Victorious; all of these individual stories can be enjoyed on their own, and yet they all contribute, in some way, to the bigger picture.
The Doctor Who Doom’s Day timeline takes the form of of a 24 hour clock, meaning there’s a very particular order to Doom’s travels. Here’s the correct order if you want to track the universe’s most deadly assassin…
- 1:00 – 1:59: Prologue, social media
- 2:00 – 2:59: Target Selected, from Four Hours of Doom’s Day in DWM issue 592
- 3:00 – 3:59: The Plastic Population, from Four Hours of Doom’s Day in DWM issue 592
- 4:00 – 4:59: High Noon in Hollywood, from Four Hours of Doom’s Day in DWM issue 592
- 5:00 – 5:59: The Horn of a Dilemma, from Four Hours of Doom’s Day in DWM issue 592
- 6:00 – 7:59: A Doctor in the House? #1, comic book
- 8:00 – 9:59: A Doctor in the House? #2, comic book
- 10:00 – 10:59: AI am the Doctor, from Doctor Who: Lost in Time – a free-to-play mobile game
- 11:00 – 14:59: Extraction Point, book
- 15:00 – 15:59: Wrong Place at the Right Time, from Doctor Who: Lost in Time – a mobile game
- 16:00 – 16:59: Four from Doom’s Day: The Steel Cascade, audio
- 17:00 – 17:59: Four from Doom’s Day: The Martian Dilemma, audio
- 18:00 – 18:59: Four from Doom’s Day: An Ood Halloween, audio
- 19:00 – 19:59: Four from Doom’s Day: Dark Space, audio
- 20:00 – 20:59: Dying Hours: Dawn of Everlasting Peace, audio
- 21:00 – 21:59: Dying Hours: A Date with Destiny, audio
- 22:00 – 22:59: Dying Hours: The Howling Wolves of Xan-Phear, audio
- 23:00 – 23:59: Dying Hours: The Crowd, audio
- 0:00 – 0:59: Finale, social media
So there we are. That is the complete Doctor Who Doom’s Day timeline. The finale is due to premiere on social media in September 2023.
But what can you expect from these Doctor Who Doom’s Day adventures? Here’s a quick guide…
Four Hours of Doom’s Day: Target Selected
Doom’s last day in the Universe kicks off at a maximum security prison, where she runs into someone who may just know the whereabouts of the Doctor.
Four Hours of Doom’s Day: The Plastic Population
Plastic and loads of it! Doom encounters Autons and the Doctor… although not the one she’s after.
Four Hours of Doom’s Day: High Noon in Hollywood
Doom’s next mission is sent in by the target’s father. A family feud? Or is there something more sinister going on at an abandoned film studio?
Four Hours of Doom’s Day: The Horn of a Dilemma
Are unicorns real? Doom is about to find out alongside a familiar friendly face.
The next Doctor Who Doom’s Day adventure is a journey through numerous times and places including a run-in the Doctor’s old enemy the Master – or, to be more specific, Missy…
In the next Doctor Who Doom’s Day adventure, Doom relentlessly pursues her mission to locate the Doctor, but fate leads her to an extraordinary encounter on a besieged Space Station. In this mechanical haven, populated solely by robots, she unexpectedly crosses paths with the Doctor and K9 amidst a chaotic onslaught launched by marauding pirates.
As Doom searches for aid, the hits keep coming in. Kill a crabby Kraal and his replica world! Assassinate a ghost on Satellite Five! Eliminate a living asteroid! Doom finds her talents – and her patience – stretched to breaking point.
But these apparently random jobs are linked in a way Doom could never imagine. And when not one but two different Doctors get involved, on the trail of an old enemy, the ensuing fireworks might just end the lives of billions. Can Doom solve the mystery before her allotted hours are up? It’s not only a planet she must save from destruction, but herself…
Doom becomes the unwavering guardian of Martin Tyr, an unassuming civilian hailing from an extraterrestrial world. As his life hangs in the balance, she pledges to shield him from imminent danger until the inevitable moment when his destiny unfolds.
These four missions – The Steel Cascade, The Martian Dilemma, An Ood Halloween and Dark Space – take Doom to a Mediterranean cruise ship in 1966, the planet Mars in the distant past, San Francisco in 1999, and finally a desolate planet in a dying solar system.
Along the way she meets former TARDIS travellers Ian and Barbara, the mighty Ice Warriors and Brian the Ood. But when a mysterious stranger with silver hair and sunglasses turns up, will he be Doom’s salvation?
As Doom’s final hours come into sharp focus, she’ll need to do whatever’s necessary to complete her missions, find the Doctor, and escape what increasingly seems like the inevitable. But how best to find the person who can save Doom’s life? Will the Doctor’s friends be her salvation? Or perhaps the Doctor’s enemies will be the route to survival?
Doom is about to travel across thousands of years of time, and light years of space in search of her last, best hope. But even if she finds the Doctor, will a person who is all about saving lives help a person whose only job is to take them?
Doom’s day is almost over. Time is running out. This could be the end.
These four adventures – Dawn of an Everlasting Peace, A Date with Destiny, The Howling Wolves of Xan-Phear and The Crowd – feature Paul McGann, Camille Coduri and India Fisher.
Where will you start?
Which Doctor Who Doom’s Day adventure will you begin with? And which has been your favourite so far? Let me know in the comments below.